Everyone has their own traditions, rituals, and rules surrounding food. Some people are really strict with what they put into their body (i.e. they have a solid plan for all of their meals/snacks), and some people eat whatever speaks to them at whatever time it speaks to them.
For this WIAW I wanted to explore some of the guidelines/rules that I go by and I’ll explain a little bit about why I follow them and how they affect my life.
1. I always eat breakfast. You can bet if I don’t eat breakfast I turn into the grumpiest person on earth + my stomach grumbles the loudest and I end up eating all the food I can get my hands on for the rest of the day. It’s not pretty.
2. I always have coffee in the morning. This is probably not the BEST habit in the world, but I limit myself to one coffee mug full and I drink it throughout the morning (and enjoy every drop).
3. I always have a small pre-workout snack. Going from breakfast at 7am to my work-out at 12pm is too long for me to go without eating so I try and have a snack before I hit the gym – but not too close or I end up burping banana during my class #notfun
4. I always have a post-work out snack. This is even more important on days when I can’t get to my lunch right after the gym. In that case I have a snack to tide me over. (eek sorry for the blur, I was literally running from gym –> meeting)
5. I (almost) always pack my own lunch. It saves so much money and time, plus I know exactly what’s in it. This particular days’ lunch was some magnificent Thanksgiving leftovers.
6. I pack all the snacks. Super important for long days at school. Packing snacks ensures I won’t go all day without eating and that I won’t spend my money on junky snacks.
7. I try to take the time to make some delicious homemade food. Mr A would probably kill me if I tried to bring canned pasta sauce in the house so I’ve embraced making it at home.
8. I REGULARLY enjoy dessert. Because life is too short to skip ice cream.
What food rules do you follow? Do we share any of the same food rules?