Happy Thursday, I hope you’re all having a great week!
We’ve been busy over here squeezing in as much fun as we can while it’s still summer. I hit up Yoga at the Forks, enjoyed my morning walks, and enjoyed sitting on the balcony in the evenings.
With all the happenings I’m surprised there was any cooking at all – but man did we cook! Mr A was away for work for two days and you know what they say: When Mr A is away, Melissa cooks… I never said I was good at rhyming.
What was in the basket?
- Stirfry Mix
- Green Cauliflower
- Cucumbers (4)
- Hot Peppers (2)
- Swiss Chard
- Patty Pans (2)
- Summer Squash
How did we use the items this week?
- Stirfry Mix – Chicken stirfry
- Radishes – Marinated with vinegar and salt. I ate them all in one sitting om nom nom.
- Green Cauliflower – Chicken stirfry
- Cucumbers (4) – Added to salads; eaten as is
- Hot Peppers (2) – Still in the fridge
- Swiss Chard – Made this Hearty Lentil Soup and subbed kale with swiss chard.
- Beans – Made refrigerator dill beans! OMG I can’t wait to crack them open.
- Patty Pans (2) – Sautéed with onions for side dish.
- Summer Squash – Still in the fridge but I have my eye on a nice quiche.
What were some challenges/successes this week?
- Hot peppers! I don’t really like hot/spicy things so I’m at a loss with this one.
- Tackled a good chunk of the basket this week.
- Buying complimentary vegetables: Carrots, celery, onions, spinach – made making dishes easier
Let’s chat – What would you do with hot peppers? Have you ever made refrigerator pickles?