Now that I’m nearing my quarter century birthday I’ve decided to lay out 30 things I want to do before I hit the big 3-0. This means I’ve got about 5.08 years to tackle some major tasks!
I was inspired to make this list by Katie over at Live Half Full, and I even borrowed a few of her ideas! I thought it was a great way to identify some things I want to accomplish in the future plus I’m all about lists.
1. Visit two new continents.
2. Improve my cake baking and decorating skills.
3. Grow my own food!
4. Take Mango About Town to the next level.
5. Remodel the bedroom: new bed,
new dresser, and some art.
6. Run a half marathon.
7. Publish a scientific paper as a first author.
8. Have a place to call home for more than one year.
9. Be spontaneous. Not everything in life should be on a to-do list.
10. Create a fitness routine that works for me.
11. Obtain some more letters behind my name: MSc and PHEc
12. Go back country camping.
13. Stock a 9-Bottle Bar
14. Climb another mountain.
15. Meet some blends!
16. Go back to Italy and visit the places I didn’t get to.
17. Own a Kitchen Aid standing mixer.
18. Own a high powered blender.
19. Visit new places in the province: sand dunes, waterfalls, hiking trails.
20. Present at a major scientific conference.
21. Visit two new American cities (Short list: Portland, NYC, Nashville, Chicago, Boston)
22. Go on an all inclusive, relaxing vacation.
23. Master pastry making.
24. Seriously consider leaving the province if the opportunity presents itself.
25. Try new foods and cuisines.
26. Work and relax smarter.
27. Send Christmas cards to my friends and family. Everyone loves mail.
28. Keep in touch with friends more.
29. Master Italian.
30. Give more hand made gifts. They require more thought and effort.
Let’s chat – Something I missed on the list? Have you accomplished anything on this list? What do you want to do/what did you do before you turn(ed) 30?